Thursday, January 5, 2012

Further thoughts on the Mormons and the Satanic Idea



I've been thinking about everything. If you missed my previous post you can find it here:

http://chelesblogalwayssomethingnew.blogspot.com/2012/01/mormon-bible-and-what-i-see.html 



I'm by no means saying that Mormons are active and knowingly satantic, or anything of the sort. What I'm saying is, I find it much more plausible that Joseph Smith was inspired by Satan rather than Jesus or God. Do current Mormonists believe this? Of course not! Are the Elders of the church that come knocking on your door secretly working for Satan? No! But they believe that Joseph Smith was true and that his teachings were honest. This is where I believe they are wrong. I believe J.S. has deceived thousands of people and he was the one who is in the wrong. Momonists today are innocent bystanders. They truly believe what they teach and what they do is right and in accordance to Gods will.

 God, according to the Bible, commands that we do not have sexual relations outside of marriage. That we do not have impure thoughts about others especially someone who belongs to someone else. Yet, Joseph Smith took other mens wives. He even went as far as concealing marriages and relationships... if it is Godly, why hide it? If it was Godly he would have been honest. Even if the Bom is true, and Joseph Smith was in the right; I couldn't bring myself to worship a God that brings pain to my family. "- Joseph Smith's personal secretary records that on May 22nd, 1843, Smith's first wife Emma found Joseph and Eliza Partridge secluded in an upstairs bedroom at the Smith home. Emma was devastated.
William Clayton's journal entry for 23 May (see Smith, 105-106)" (http://www.i4m.com/think/history/joseph_smith_sex.htm)



"Emma was devastated".....  This doesn't sound Godly at all. God wants us to love not hurt. I can't imagine all the pain he caused to the husbands of these women, to his first wife and quite possibly his other wives. I'll be honest, I've cheated on my husband, my husbands cheated on me. We've been through some rough times. There was even a time when I would say "Monogamy is not natural to humans so why do we do it?" and I struggled with being married and the rules of marriage. In the end I learned that we do it out of love. Natural or not we do it because we care more about the other person than we do our own instincts and selfish needs. I saw first hand what this behavior can do to a family. I saw how much I hurt my husband and felt the pain of it being done to me. I saw the sadness and pain in my daughters eyes as she watched her family fall apart, and I saw the confusion and emptiness in her life because her dad wasn't living at home anymore. Why would God command these hurtful things to happen? Did Joseph Smith stay Married to all of his wives? Did his first wife stay by his side? I don't know.... Even if she did I can't see her being happy while she did it. This makes me feel sad for them. I feel sad for all of them. 


As it turns out, my husband was right about it being important to include the fact that J.S. used a crystal ball to speak to God. Celtic Druids, seers, wizards, sorcerers, psychics, gypsies, fortune tellers, stage magicians, etc. used Crystal balls. These practices have widely been considered ungodly and even evil throughout the ages; yet Joseph Smith used this method. 


Antichrist is thought to be deceitful and not truthful; he will be a false prophet, he will make himself as (or like) the son of God and claim himself as King. (Early Christians & the Antichrist wiki) Didn't I just learn that J.S was deceitful? He claims to be a prophet? To top it off did he not believe that we will ultimate become Gods? Oo God=King? that's an opinion to make for yourself; But I see high resemblance here. 

 Polycarp warned the Philippians that anyone who  preached false doctrine was an antichrist. The Mormons have piles and piles of doctrine made to their own beliefs. False doctrine? This seems to be the big question.
Paul writes that this Man of Sin will possess a number of characteristics. These include "sitting in the temple",(Don't Mormons have temples?) opposing himself against anything that is worshiped, claiming divine authority, (Wouldn't that be the same as their teachings of becoming Gods?) working all kinds of counterfeit miracles and signs, (Isn't that what J.S. was doing with his Crystal ball?) and doing all kinds of evil. Paul notes that "the mystery of lawlessness" (though not the Man of Sin himself) was working in secret already during his day and will continue to function until being destroyed on the Last Day. His identity is to be revealed after that which is restraining him is removed. (We haven't made it that far yet, this day is still to come)


In Mormonism, the term "antichrist" refers to those who deny the divinity of Jesus Christ deny the Gospel, (Wait what? Which Gospel? surely they mean the BoM because even they deny the Gospel of the Bible to be true.) and oppose his faith. "It is a word used by John to describe one who would assume the guise of Christ, but in reality would be opposed to Christ (1 John 2: 18, 22; 1 John 4: 3-6; 2 John 1: 7)." In a broader sense Mormons believe that the antichrist, "is anyone or anything that counterfeits the true gospel or plan of salvation and that openly or secretly is set up in opposition to Christ. The great antichrist is Lucifer, but he has many assistants both as spirit beings and as mortals." (Book of Mormon: Jacob 7: 1-23, Alma 1: 2-16, Alma 30: 6-60 


I can't help but think they just described their own religion while explaining the antichrist theory. 

All of these above information can be found on wikis antichrist page. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist

Granted, All of this could also be used to describe Jesus Christ himself.  But if you believe in the Bible then you would say this is not so. It boils down to opinion from there.

I just find it extremely naive and extraordinarily arrogant to believe you are 1. the one and only true church. 2. you are or are capable of being an equal to God and or his power.

Don't try to save my soul. Don't go baptizing my corpse. To be honest your church scares me. The idea that I got baptized as a child as a Mormon disturbs me. Like I can't undo it. I can't take it back, it's been done. Will this have consequences in my afterlife? I wouldn't think it to be fair or just to be consequential but who knows. For all I know it very well could have saved me, but I'm thinking not.

The Elders told me, "Pray and read and you will learn the truth. Ask God if the Church is true and he will reveal to you that it is." I promised I would follow their instructions and this is where I ended up. Just sayin.  





No comments:

Post a Comment